Instant-read thermometers are one of the favorite meat thermometers. It is commonly used by professional chefs as well as by amateur and new kitchen enthusiasts. As the name implies, the instant-read thermometer will give you fast temperature reading; it will only take around 5 to 15 seconds at most.
Regular instant-read thermometers are sold at a small price. It is available on the dial and digital display. Other models with added features can be costlier. Many would prefer using an instant read thermometer not only because it is fast-reading and affordable, but because of its simplicity.
Unlike another meat thermometer, instant-read thermometers are easy to use; it does not need complicated modification or calibration. To use it, insert the metal probe 2 to 2½-inch deep in the thickest part of your food. This thermometer is not recommended to remain to the food while it is in the oven.
The Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer is one of the affordable and, perhaps, the favorite of several kitchen people. In fact, it is one of the bestselling temperature indicators in Amazon! Its simplicity gets the job done: give you the precise temperature reading of your food.
- Instant-read, it can give you fast result in just 10-15 seconds.
- The thermometer comes with a digital display that shows the temperature reading.
- The head or digital display can be rotated for easy reading.
- The Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer has an automatic shut-off every 15 minutes.
- The metal probe comes with a protective sleeve for protection from potential damage.
- You can use this instant-read thermometer with gas or charcoal grills. This thermometer can also be used in baking and stovetop cooking.
- This thermometer operates with only one LR44 battery (included upon purchase).
- The temperature range of this thermometer is from 0°C up to 230°C or equivalent to 32°F up to 446°F, with up to ±5°C (±9.0°F) accuracy.
- Simple and classic design, the digital display is in beautiful black color.
- The device’s dimensions are 6.3″ L x 1.7″ W x 1.4″ H
- Easy to access battery port.
- Fast readings mean time-saving!
- The digital display makes it easy to read even in direct light.
- Designed with a rotatable thermometer head, you will always have quick access to the display panel.
- The Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer is handy. It can be used in different cooking processes like stovetops, baking in an oven, and on gas or charcoal grills.
- Operated only by one LR44 battery. Replacement of the battery is very easy. In case the battery is already drained or dead, you will always be able to replace it since the battery is available in most stores.
- This meat thermometer can read a vast scale of temperature, from 0°C up to 230°C (32°F to 446°F).
- It provides accurate temperature reading, so you will not have undercooked or overcooked food.
- Low-cost, it can be an excellent choice of gift for your loved ones and readily available in stores.
- The metal probe has a protective cover as to prevent damage from accidental falls.
- The automatic shut-off is efficient to saving you energy.
- This instant-read thermometer is not waterproof. Do not try to wash the probe with water. Otherwise, you will have a damaged thermometer. Use a damp cloth to clean the thermometer.
- The thermometer is accurate, and the result is easy to read. However, it lacks durability.
- This thermometer is not oven-safe, unlike other newer models.
- This thermometer does not have a preset temperature function or alarm feature.
The Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer does what it is supposed to. It can give you an instant temperature reading of your food. However, the durability and accuracy may not as be efficient as you think. The design is good and the structure as well, but the implementation of features seems not working.
This low-cost thermometer must be handled with extra care and with little maintenance. If you are looking for a budget-friendly meat thermometer, then I’d recommend the Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer. But take note, other meat thermometers that cost slightly higher than this one in the market offers several features and durability.
If you want a meat thermometer with added features such as temperature preset and timer function, you go for the ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer. The price of it is slightly higher than the Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer but is totally worth buying!
This meat thermometer is equipped with large LCD for easier and quicker view. At the back of the display panel are a countertop stand and magnet. The metal probe has STEP-DOWN tip that gets the measurement accurately. The cable that connects the metal probe to the display panel is made of stainless steel for durability.
The preset temperature function of this thermometer is approved by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), so you are confident that your food reaches the right heat level. The timer setting will allow you to set the alarm or countdown, so you will not forget you have something in the oven or grill.
This thermometer is operated by only one AAA battery. It can read the temperature from 32°F to 482°F. Is the metal probe losing its accuracy? No worries! The ThermoPro offers a lifetime sensor probe warranty.
The Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer is ideal for those who want a budget-friendly meat thermometer. However, when it comes to usability and durability, the Weber® Original™ Instant-Read Thermometer might just frustrate you.
Not to mention, it has limited features. If that is a big issue for you, you can always switch to other brands and models such as the ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer. The TP-16 model has features that may seem unnecessary, but they can prove to be handy and can even contribute to the success of your cooking.
Buy a durable meat thermometer that can provide you accurate temperature readings. A meat thermometer is a must-have device in the kitchen so you can be sure to whip up simple meals to full courses rich in flavor with the right texture. No more undercooked or overcooked meals!