Popularly known as an instant-read thermometer, it is used for determining the temperature of the meat sourced from different animals. These thermometers are a reliable tool for measuring internal temperature that is important for evaluating if the food has been perfectly cooked.
There are some highly sophisticated yet simple to use thermometers that make the process a lot easier. The article has reviewed one of the popular sellers on Amazon i.e. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer. This equipment can make the process of cooking meat to the perfect state an easy task.
With advanced features such as a mobile receiver that keeps the user updated about the temperatures of the meal, it can be used to multitask while cooking with ease. ThermoPro TP20 has an in-built dual-probe technology that supports using two meat probes for reading internal temperatures of both the meats at a single go. You can easily use the thermometer from a distance of 300 feet.
What this means is that while doing other work or watching your favorite TV shows you remain updated and have full control over the food that is being prepared inside the kitchen.
The thermometer comes with some innovative and useful features. Some of the important ones have been mentioned below.
- Includes a Digital Thermometer Receiver, Digital Thermometer Transmitter, Food/Oven Temperature Probe and 4 AAA batteries
- Fitted with USDA approved temperatures that can measure temperature of ground beef, beef, chicken, ground poultry, poultry, lamb, veal, and fish
- Includes a countdown as well as count up timer clubbed with 2 time duration options
- FCC & CE certified along with FDA and ROHS approval
- Remote range of approximately 300 feet
- 5”food grade probe made of stainless steel
- 40”mesh cable made of stainless steel
- Large and ease to read backlit LCD display
- Withstand capacity of both wire and probe is 380°C
- Temperature range of the reader is between 0°C to 300°C
- Dual probe technology supports monitoring two different meats temperature at a single go
- Doesn’t need synching as it comes with a ready to use out of the box product with simple and neat interface
- Specifies 5 different levels of doneness for various meat types that ranges from Rare to Well Done
- Allows setting your own temperatures manually
- Supports both Celsius and Fahrenheit readings
- Features an alarm alert for programmed timer and temperature
- Saves both timer and temperature settings when powered off
- Includes a rubber sleeve case that protects from accidental impacts
- Great temperature accuracy i.e. ±1°C
- Viewing angles of the LCD display could have been better
- Average quality of materials used
What makes the ThermoPro TP20 effective?
The thermometer does all the tasks it’s meant for pretty effectively. Like any other product, it does come with its weaknesses but there are things that make this product better than several other options available in the market.
The fact that it comes with a lifetime sensor probe warranty, you need not be worried too much about the years it may last. While working in the kitchen, there will be occasions where you would end up using the thermometer in an improper manner.
This might damage the senor probe but you need not worry about it. The company will replace it for free within the warranty period.
Moreover, the fact that it comes with a digital wireless thermometer with dual monitors, you can oven, smoker and grill temperatures from a distance of 300 feet. Be it a first timer or an experienced user, the easy to use and setup features make it pretty easy to use.
You need not synch or do much with the settings at all. The backlit displays are also bright enough when used in low light conditions. Coming to its capabilities, this thermometer comes with preset temperatures that can measure the doneness levels for 9 different kinds of meats.
One may even reset the preset temperatures as per their necessities if needed. Additionally, the instant read meat thermometer that comes with a food grade stainless steel probe comes with a step-down tip design for précised temperature readings very quickly.
How does it fair against the other options?
The market certainly offers some powerful and cost effective alternatives to choose from. For example, Wireless Bluetooth Instant Read Digital Cooking Thermometer with Dual Probes and iPhone Android Smart Phone App by Nutrichef does the task pretty effectively. It has a large display and looks a lot better aesthetically.
However, when it comes to capacities and different features, ThermoPro TP20 does a lot better. The latter is capable of reading 9 different kinds of meats but the option by Nutrichef is capable of reading only 6 different types of meats.
Another product that is meant to measure meat temperatures is the Cappec Bluetooth Wireless Instant Read Meat Thermometer for Grill BBQ Oven Smoker – Smoker Friendly (Upgraded Version). However, Cappec is powered by the Bluetooth connectivity technology that enables operations from a distance of 100 feet.
On the contrary, TYhermoPro TP20 allows operations from a distance of up to 300 feet. On the flip side, the only thing that makes the other two alternatives better is the pricing.
After evaluating the ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote, it is evident that it comes with several innovative yet highly functional features. For example, the dual measuring capacity helps in measuring two different types meats at one go.
The BBQ thermometer having preset temperatures that can measure temperatures of about 9 kinds of meat types enhances the operative possibilities. It has been moderately priced but is slightly on the higher side when comparing with some of the other alternatives out there in the market.
However, the lifetime warranty, as well as the ease of usage, justifies the pricing. The only thing which we believe the company could have improved is the finishing and its build quality.