This is a wireless digital meat thermometer that has dual probes for smokers, grills, ovens, and BBQ. It has a lifetime sensor probe warranty. Although the sensor probe is rigidly produced, after a long duration and period of use, a few number of units could experience incorrect temperature readings which is normally caused by careless or improper use of the sensor probe.
The company will provide you with a brand-new sensor probe in the event of this happening free of charge. The digital wireless thermometer with dual probes can monitor food and/or oven/grill/smoker temps up to 300 feet away, this enables you to spend time with your guest without having to constantly excuse yourself to check on your food.
No synch is required, therefor, there is no long tedious set-up steps required. It has a large LCD display which displays both the food and the oven temps and a timer for the most intuitive experience. It is also back-lit for use in dim lighting or if you are keeping an eye out on something you are cooking overnight.
This BBQ thermometer is also pre-set with temperatures for 9 different types of meat along with the various doneness levels recommended by USDA. All of the preset temps can be reset to your desired tastes and preference. This is an instant read meat thermometer with food grade stainless steel probes that have a step-down tip design to get temperature more precisely and quickly and the probe wires are rated for 716°F.
- Dual probe technology, monitor two different meats or one meat and the grill/oven/smoker temp
- No Synch Required! Simple interface and setup, ready to use right out of the box
- Programmed with preset USDA approved temperatures for different types of meat (Ground Beef, Ground Poultry, Beef, Veal, Chicken, Pork, Poultry, Lamb and Fish)
- Programmed with preset USDA approved doneness levels for different types of meat (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well and Well Done)
- Set your own temperature settings manually
- Fahrenheit and Celsius readings
- Alarm alert for programmed temp or timer
- Countdown and count up timer with two different time duration options (99min 59sec, 99hr 59min)
- Timer and temperature settings are saved when unit is powered off
- Splash proof receiver; Receiver pullout counter top stand; Receiver belt clip
- Transmitter has wire to either hook on oven door or use as a stand
- Rubber sleeve case
- Large, backlit LCD display
- STEP-DOWN probe tip design
- Probe and Wire can withstand up to 716°F (380°C)
- It has a range of up to 300 feet, allowing you to walk around and mingle with your guests, get household work done, or even go to sleep while slow cooking something overnight
- It has an alarm, which notifies you when your desired temperature has been reached or when your programmed time has been made. This allows you to not have to constantly keep an eye out on your food the entire time
- It has dual probes. This allows you to keep track of the temperature of 2 different meats, or of the meat and the grill/oven/smoker temp, all at the same time
- It has a 1 year warranty and the probes have a lifetime warranty. This ensures you that if something does go wrong or malfunctions, the company will replace your product up to one year and the probes for a lifetime
- Common problem with the probes. After a short period of use, one of the probes can read higher than the other when placed into the same piece of meat.
This is a nice looking thermometer that is made well and very durable. However, the probes do intend to read 10 degrees different from one another after a short period of use. The probes do have a lifetime warranty though, so personally,
I don’t see this as too big of a problem. If this does happen to you, you can get in contact with the company and they will replace your probes free of charge. Overall, this is a good thermometer, it reads almost instantly, and has pre-set temperatures to help and take the guesswork out of cooking.
It can and will help you cook the perfect, mouth watering, juicy meat every time you cook, without having overcooked or undercooked food.