This is a remote wireless digital Kitchen, Cooking, Food, and Meat Thermometer with Timer for BBQ, Smoker, Grill, and Oven with a 300-foot range. It comes with a Lifetime Sensor Probe Warranty.
Although the sensor probe is rigidly produced, after a long duration of use, a few units could experience incorrect temperature readings which is normally caused by careless or improper use of the sensor probe. The company will provide you a brand-new sensor probe, free of charge in the event of this happening.
It has a 300 ft range wireless receiver that beeps and flashes when meat temperature reaches your programmed temperature, that way you can never overcook your meat again. The 6.5″ food grade stainless steel probe with step-down tip design helps to get the temperature more precisely and quickly.
It has a 40″ reinforced stainless steel mesh cable. The long cable length helps to ensure the transmitter won’t get splashed by oil or any other liquids you are using. The cooking thermometer is programmed with preset temperatures for various cooking levels recommended by USDA.
- It has a large, smart backlit LCD display that changes color during the cooking process. Blue means it is still cooking, green means it has reached the desired temperature, and red means it has reached a higher temperature than desired.
- It has a STEP-DOWN probe tip design and the Probe and Wire can withstand temperatures up to 716°F (380°C)
- Programmed with preset USDA approved temperatures for different types of meat (Ground Beef, Ground Poultry, Beef, Veal, Chicken, Pork, Poultry, Lamb and Fish)
- Programmed with preset USDA approved doneness levels for different types of meat (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium, Medium Well, and Well Done)
- You can also program your own temperature settings manually
- Countdown and count up timer
- Automatic shut off feature
- Rubber sleeve case
- Transmitter has wire to either hook on oven door or use as a stand
- Receiver pullout counter top stand with belt clip
- Splash proof receiver
- It has preset temperatures for different types of meat along with preset levels of doneness. Both are recommended by the USDA, and this helps to ensure that your food is never over cooked, or even worse, under cooked, which can be led to cause food borne illnesses
- It has an alarm that notifies you when the programmed temperature has been reached, along with a display that changes colors through the cooking process allowing you to know when the desired temperatures have been reached. This also allows you to make sure everything is cooked exactly how you want it to be, and takes the guess work out of it, helping you to make the perfect cooked meal each and every time
- Occasionally the screen will shut off on its own and you have to pull the batteries out and then put them back in to restart it.
- If you don’t get the probe inserted in a perfect way, the thermometer seems to read the grills temperature, and not the end of the probe that is inserted into the meat. However, if you replace the probe a few times and find “the right spot” it will read accurately
It is well made, and has many features that are pretty neat and handy to have. However, it isn’t always the most accurate until you play around with the probe a little bit and get it into the perfect position for it to read properly.
Once you get the correct positioning figured out, the thermometer works amazing. It is very durable and well made, and can help you to achieve the perfect cooked meat every time you use it. Good product and worth the money once you get everything figured out.
Don’t let a few bad reads at first make you decide against it. Once you get everything figured out, it will have you cooking like a pro in no time, and family get togethers will become no problem at all, it will have you constantly being the one to do all the cooking.
Everyone will be amazed at how tender and juicy everything you cook turns out. They will want to know your secret, and the secret really isn’t a secret at all, it’s just that fact that you have an amazing thermometer that lets you know when everything is cooked to perfection.