When preparing food, it is important to make sure that your food is well-cooked especially when it is meat that you are cooking. Undercooked meat can have disease-causing bacteria like Salmonella that is hazardous to our health when consumed. If you want to make sure that your food is thoroughly cooked, you may want to use a meat thermometer.
A meat thermometer is a must-have tool in the kitchen. Its job is to check the temperature of your food. Others will use a fork to check if the meat is cooked, but a meat thermometer can make the job easier. For this reason, it is useful whether you are an experienced or inexperienced cook.
Other meat thermometers have an alarm feature or preset temperature setting that will notify you when your food reaches your desired temperature or the cooking time. The meat thermometers with preset temperature function should be approved by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Meat thermometers were first available in dial only. But meat thermometers are now available in digital. Digital thermometers have LCD that shows the temperature reading and alarm. The LCD and alarm functions are excellent features to have in a meat thermometer.
The ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer has those features—a large LCD to show the reading and an alarm setting to keep you updated with your cooking. Not to mention, it is affordable, making it one of the bestselling meat thermometers in Amazon!
- The ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer is ideal for any cooking—fast cooking or slow cooking, be it for oven, smoker, or stovetop.
- LCD Size is 1.3 (H) x 1.8 (W) inches.
- This thermometer comes with a programmable alert with preset temperatures for particular kind of meat or food as recommended by USDA.
- Aside from the preset temperature, you can also set the temperature.
- The timer of this meat thermometer will allow you to set a countdown up to 23 hours 59 minutes.
- The ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer can read a vast scale of temperature starting from 32°F all the way to 482°F or 0°C up to 250°C.
- The 6.5-inch metal probe with step-down tip is engineered to quickly and precisely get the temperature.
- The 40-inch cable that connects the metal probe to the digital display is made from stainless steel for durability.
- The flip-out counter top stand and the magnetic back will let you put the receiver on your countertop or in any magnet-friendly surfaces.
- The metal probe and the stainless steel cable can withstand temperature up to 716°F or equivalent to 380°C.
- You can choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius for the temperature display.
- The probe of this meat thermometer is CE-certified, RoHS, and FDA-approved, so safety is always guaranteed.
- The digital display is operated with only one AAA battery.
- The ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer can be used in a variety of cooking processes—roasting chicken or turkey, grilling a lamb, beef, or pork, baking casseroles, or boiling soup.
- Preset temperatures are approved by the USDA which guarantees food safety.
- The alarm and countdown feature will allow you to cook while doing several other tasks. You will hear an alarm that will remind you what’s in the oven.
- The temperature can be preset manually so you can always get the desired results.
- The 40-inch stainless steel cable will let you place the probe in the meat while it is in the oven while the digital display is on the countertop.
- The stainless steel feature of the cable can withstand high temp. Thus, it is long-lasting.
- The metal probe is approved by USDA, RoHS, and FDA, so you do not have to worry having the metal probe in your food.
- The LCD is large which makes checking the temperature reading easy and quick.
- The ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer is budget-friendly; ideal for budget shoppers.
- Readily available in the market.
- Understanding that the metal probe can lose its accuracy over time, the ThermoPro offers a lifetime warranty for the sensor probe.
- The digital display does not show time and temperature at the same time.
- When the device is turned off, the alarm temp resets to 212°F. You have to reset it every time you turn it on.
- The magnet is weak and does not hold long in metal surfaces.
- Programming the temperature is difficult; not user-friendly.
- The thermometer only has one metal probe. This is not ideal when cooking several foods.
The ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer is a cost-efficient meat thermometer that does its job. The features it has are handy. The LCD shows the temperature reading. However, it cannot show temperature and timer at the same time. You only have to choose between the timer and the temperature. The metal probe also works perfectly. It could be better if there were at least two metal probes.
The limitations of the ThermoPro TP-16 can be quite disappointing. If so, you can always switch to the ThermoPro TP-08. It is a wireless digital meat thermometer with dual metal probes. With this thermometer, you can still monitor the temperature of your food even if you are 300 feet away from your cooking station.
Say, you grill beef in the backyard, you can check the temperature even if you are in your living room. It also has an alarm feature in the transmitter and the receiver. The two metal probes of this meat thermometer can read up to 572°F (300°C). This thermometer is a bit pricier but is worth buying!
I totally recommend ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer to kitchen people especially those who want a low-cost meat thermometer that provides a precise temperature reading. It lacks some of the features that newer meat thermometers have, but who cares?
It does what it is supposed to do: provide you the temperature without having you poke the meat from time to time with a fork. It offers convenience and can even give you the result that you want to achieve, not to mention, food safety.