The Famili Wireless Thermometer is a digital thermometer with a wireless remote for monitoring cooking temperatures from up to 300 feet away. It signals temperature and time alerts with light and sound, allowing you to enjoy the game or be with your guests worry free.
The receiver will flash and beep when your meat temperature goes above your programmed temperature and the receiver will flash and beep when your oven/BBQ temperature goes above or below your set range, never miss out when your meat is cooked to perfection or the BBQ heat needs to be adjusted.
Timer and temperature settings are saved when the unit is powered off, beneficial if you tend to use the same settings more than once. The probe and wire can withstand heats up to 716˚F (380˚C). It shows both Fahrenheit and Celsius readings. It ranges from 32°F to 572°F (0°C to 300°C). With high accuracy: 1°F/°C resolution, ±1.8°F/1°C accuracy
- It has a large, backlit LCD display that allows you to see the display in dim lighting or in the dark
- You can set your own temperature settings manually
- Countdown and count up timer
- Both the timer and temperature settings are saved when the unit is powered off
- Temperature Range: 32˚F to 572˚F (0˚C to 300˚C)
- Battery: 4 x AAA batteries
- Temperature Accuracy: ±1.8˚F (±1˚C) from 32 to 212°F (0 to 100°C)
- Resolution: 1°
- Probe Length: 6 ½” food grade stainless steel probe and 3″ oven/bbq stainless steel probe
- Cable Length: 40″ stainless steel mesh cable
- Remote Range: Up to 300 feet
- Certifications: FCC certified, CE certified, ROHS, FDA approved probe
- Probe and Wire can withstand up to 716˚F (380˚C)
- Uses: BBQ, Oven, Smoker, Candy, Meat, Food
- It has a large 300 foot range which allows you to do other things while waiting on your food too cook. This means you no longer have to miss out on the game, or that you have to seem rude to your guest because you no longer have to constantly stand watch over your food to monitor the temperature
- It has a back-lit display which not only allows you to see the display in dim lighting, but can also be useful if you are wanting to slow cook something overnight. You can place the display on your nightstand, and still be able to see it in the dark in order to check the temperatures throughout the night
- Instead of constantly having to stand up and sit back down to check on your meat, it has an alarm that lets you know when your meat is cooked to perfection
- You cannot buy a replacement set of probes. If one goes out or burns up, there is no way to get a replacement.
It does have the one downfall of not being able to buy replacement probes in the chance that one of yours quits working, however, the company’s customer service is great, and since the thermometer does have a warranty, it isn’t hard to get the entire thing replaced at no cost, therefore I don’t see not being able to find replacement probes a huge deal.
The thermometer itself works great. It reads both the meats temperature and the oven/grills temperatures, and the temperatures read almost instantly. You will not regret purchasing this thermometer, especially when you compare it to some of the others.
It is by far betting made and more reliable than many others that are on the market. When it comes to cooking meat, you always want to make sure that the temperatures are monitored correctly to ensure that your meat is neither overcooked or undercooked, and this thermometer will make sure you get the perfect temperatures each and every time you use it.
You no longer have to worry about serving someone undercooked chicken or pork than can cause them to get a food borne illness, with this thermometer, you will be sure to always have the meat cooked to the temperature that you are wanting and desire.